As breasts become larger and heavier during pregnancy and breastfeeding, women may find their breasts different from what they used to be.
Around the beginning of the second trimester, breast size increases. Some women see moderate growth while others experience a sudden “upheaval”. Even the nipples and aerola change in shape and size. As breasts enlarge and then shrink post-pregnancy, the skin does not always return to its original shape.
There are several things a women can do to keep her breasts upright and firm, whenever she decides to have a child. Here are some useful tips:
- Always wear supportive undergarments during your pregnancy. Preventing breasts from sagging before the baby is born is important. As pregnancy progresses, breasts become bigger and you will need to find suitable bras that can support your new size. Avoid wearing old ill-fitting bras that will not give the love and support to your new bountiful breasts.Proper breast care means ensuring you wear the correct bra size. it is important that you get measured regularly rather than depend on a size a salesgirl haphazardly determined years ago.
- Have a good posture. If you hunch and have never given through about posture, work on it, improve and then maintain. Make it a habit to sit and stand correctly.
- During breastfeeding, try not to let baby hang or tug at your nipples too much.
- Monitor you weight gain closely during pregnancy. An increase of approximately 25 to 35 pounds is healthy and normal for a pregnancy. Control your weight by eating a balanced diet with enough water, fibre, fruit and vegetables. Excess weight gain will spread throughout the body including the breasts. Post-delivery, the excessive snacking will show in saggy breasts.
- Keep your skin moisturised by applying lotions or essential oils. Proper breast care will ensure soft and pliable breast skin, instead of dry and saggy skin.
- Good exercise programmes always keep you up. Exercise not only helps you lose weight and relieve stress, but also strengthens the muscles that support the breast tissue, making them appear perkier and firmer.
Breast exercise post-pregnancy
Bear in mind that there is no single exercise that can tone the actual breast itself (as breasts only consist of fat and tissue), nor can it help in repairing the structural ligaments of breasts. However, the surrounding muscles can be toned and firmed up, which will in turn provide better support for breast tissue and prevent ligaments from stretching further.
Start with 5 to 10 push-ups daily and gradually increase to 20 and then 30. This simple exercise is suitable for busy working women with harried schedules. Do them daily to keep your breast muscles strong. Apart from that, opt also for a nutritious bust-nourishing drink that can help maintain the shape of your breasts, help prevent saggy breasts, and keep them beautiful and firm.
Other Related-Useful Article: